Saturday, July 5, 2008

Safely and Happily Back Home




I got home from vacation this afternoon just after 5:00 PM. Vacation was good. I enjoyed it much. There were amazing moments and tough moments, but all in all it was good, really good. I learned alot about myself and others as well. I am glad however, to be home! I am writing this leaning up against my big down pillows and memory foam pillows that I know just how to organize to be most comfortable for me. Maybe "home" is not so much about what size it is or type it is but what we make of it. I find that I tend to live in limited spaces and make those spaces suit me very well. Even when I was at the cabin this week, though it has two bedrooms I pretty much lived in the main room and slept on the futon in there as well. I think the "outside" was so gloriously expansive that I didn't need so much space on the inside. Yep... Maybe it is much more about what we do with the "space" we have. For me if I am comfortable and cool (I don't like being hot) I am in good shape. Add in a few simple comforts and I am a happy woman. I guess I'm pretty low maintenance!

I had time towards the end of the weekend with my Mom, my extended family and last night and today some good one on one time with my 26 year old son. When I left to drive home, I was satisfied with the time I spent on vacation, both by myself and with others. It wasn't perfect as life rarely is. But overall, it's been a good week. Even the tough stuff seemed to find resolution. I have also made strong personal commitments (to myself and God) to doing the things that will improve my health and fitness. I guess you could say the quiet time allowed me to see and hear more clearly what truly does matter.

Tonight, I don't feel alone or lonely, I feel satisfied and thankful. I am very glad to have tomorrow to do laundry, do my hair and just relax before going back to work on Monday and facing the deluge of decisions and tasks that will be awaiting me. It's OK though... I'm ready to back until it is time for me to make my more permanent escape to those mountains that seem to call my name. For now, I will go back in September for the labor day weekend. In the meantime, I invite you to do some simple things for yourself: Light a fragrant candle, take a hot bath with candles and music, lay back on comfy pillows and read a good book, listen to some awesome music, call someone and tell them you love them, forgive someone who has hurt you and then forgive yourself, write, pray, sing, laugh... Enjoy your life. It truly is the simple things that matter.

Blessings for Your Journey, Brenda
www.LordandCurtiss.ws

No comments: