Monday, June 30, 2008

Relaxation and Restoration... Ahhhhhh...

I am on vacation! I am up in the mountains in a little cabin with lush forested greenery all around me. Ahhhhhh... I can breath again... Just beyond me is a sparkling lake that meanders around much of this area, and all of this is surrounded by picture postcard mountain ranges. And with all this I can still get internet and phone service... this must be heaven!

Speaking of heaven, I have a copy of the book "Heaven" by Randy Alcorn with me. Several people have told me that reading it has been life changing. I also have an excellent book about writing successful ebooks. Today and tomorrow, that is the central focus of my vacation: reading, writing and relaxing! I do plan to amble around here a bit this morning and then basically read and relax in this quite comfortable cedar wood rocking chair with the awe-inspiring scenic views surrounding me. No Disney World or Dolly World's needed. The big theme parks and man made excitement definitely have their enjoyment factors when one is in that frame of mind. (I have been to both in recent years {when my son was younger} and enjoyed them.) But this... relaxing here in the mountains in a simple little cabin surrounded by such perfect beauty that I can't help but deep down smile, this is like "coming home" for me. It feels right to be here. I can think and breath in such an easy unencumbered way. This is where I want to end up, not only in this and other scenic and ambience rich areas, but in this state of being.

Enough of my day dreaming. It's currently 10 AM and since I didn't have to get up at 5:30 AM to get myself together and fight the metro traffic to go to work today, I think I will get myself together and meander around the area for a bit. I'm up for taking in the sights and sounds of a waterfall about now. Ahhhhhhhh.... OK I admit it is hard for me to quit taking those deep satisfying breaths... I do love this. Maybe this is all just "on loan" to me for a while (I have to go back to work next week after all) but it reminds me of who I really am and what makes me feel alive and well. I have been moving at such a pace for so long now and so much of my life has been work related, that I essentially forgot what this feels like. This is why so many people are embracing simpler lifestyles. For me, this freedom and restoration already taking place in me is healing. Ahhhhhhh.....

No comments: