Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Just Keep Moving & You May Find Yourself In the Midst of Your Bliss

This is my last night at the cabin in the GA mountains. Vacation so far has been wonderful... not big huge roller coaster rides, instead hearing and smelling the rain saturating the forest around me, sitting on the cabin porch in a big cedar rocker hearing the birds singing in the morning and the crickets chirp at night. Simplicity and quiet... it has been so good for me. Right now the movie "Hope Floats" has just come on and I am about to shut down my laptop to watch it. I smiled when I saw it was coming on. It is one of those movies I enjoy watching from time to time. Sandra Bullock plays Bertie, a woman who is stunned on a talk show when her "best friend" confesses that she had been having an affair with her husband for a year. The reality of it all starts with her (their) young daughter shown sitting in the front row of the show crying her eyes out. The movie goes on to tell Birdie and her 8 year old daughter's tale of starting over. It is sad and funny and filled with a lot of deep truths beyond the simple lines. It reminds me that life isn't perfect, people are often far from perfect, but somehow things seem to work out for the best more often than not. The secret is in learning the lessons and moving forward... keep moving forward. When we learn the lessons of life, even those thrust upon us, it can often turn out that the devastation can be catalyst for better things if we just keep moving forward... past the pain into the new path.

Ok yeah I am a bit reflective. I guess it is obvious I have been here by myself for 3 days. :) It has been good for me to relax and not have the stress and crazy pace of work. And, now I am ready to go and pick up my mom in SC to head out for a couple days to the NC mountains. We are staying a couple nights in a very nice B&B. I have never stayed in a B&B before. I am kind of a private person and just never desired to. However, this seems like the perfect place to enjoy and be a bit pampered out in a beautiful little NC resort town (also) in the mountains. I know mom is excited about going, and I am as well. Then back to SC for family 4th of July & Birthday celebrations.

On "Hope Floats" Bernice (the little daughter) was just introduced in her new small town school. They moved from Chicago back to the small town where her mom and dad grew up. You see I know the end of the story. And though there is a lot of pain and messiness along the way, it ends up that she knows who she is. It ends up better, I believe, than if she had stayed in a marriage that she wasn't fully alive and well. Maybe I like the movie because it is so much like life. It's just not all pretty stuff. I am glad I have had time to reflect and sit and be quiet without the diversions that so often overwhelm us so loudly in our society. I will miss these mountains. But I will be back in September for the Labor Day weekend. Until then I am really going try not to get so sucked up into working all the time and not living outside that as much as I should. In the meantime... I have more vacation to enjoy.

I am laughing... this little girl is a hoot... she really stole the show. What a little actor she is. I guess when someone is full of life and genuine spirit it just has to shine out. I pray I will bloom and shine and make a difference wherever I am.

Blessings to You & Yours as you discover your place and purpose. (Even if that means you have to get a bit scratched up by some thorns along the way...) Signing off for now...

~Brenda of
http://www.lordandcurtiss.ws/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Hope Floats. I smiled as I read your blog. I'm glad you finally got a little rest and relaxation. One more day... take it easy... let it last. I love you. Patty